Hey! Look at this!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My First Paleo Meals

  So like I said before, them man and I dove into Paleo hardcore this weekend. Here's a glimpse of some of what I've fixed:


Sunday Breakfast...

  It was pretty straight forward. Bacon, 1/2 an apple, 1/2 a grapefruit, and 2 eggs scrambled in bacon fat with spinach, onion, and mushrooms.
  I did not eat the mushrooms.. Gave them to the man. I'm not a fan of their texture, but I don't mind the flavor they impart on food.  As you can probably see, I like my eggs scrambled soft.. Fortunately, the man has perfected this technique. He is much more patient when cooking, so the eggs come out better when he does them :-)

Sunday Dinner...

  I cooked a whole chicken in my slow cooker.  It was super easy, the recipe for it is here.  On the side were fresh beets. I cooked the beets the night before.  I roasted the roots in a foil pouch at 350 for about 45 minutes (until fork tender), and refrigerated. Sunday night, I chopped up the stems and greens, and separated them.  We sauteed the stems first, in coconut oil with a little bacon fat.  When those were softening up, I added the roots, which I had peeled and sliced up. After a couple more minutes, we added in the greens, and cooked til soft. Personally, I LOVE beets!

Sunday evening, I also went ahead and prepared breakfasts for the next few days and made up a salad for the man and me for Monday.  The post is here about the egg muffins.  The salads were awesome, and you can find them here.


So there's a glimpse into what I've eaten the last few days!

Peace y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment