Hey! Look at this!

Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Feast!

So St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays. Yep, I'm a green-bleedin' Irish Girl... So, Saturday was my annual fatty day, and I gorged myself. I'm not going to lie. I am not ashamed.

I started with Corned Beef and Cabbage in the Crock Pot, for dinner.  Of course, there was beer to be had.  The next morning, we finished off the Corned Beef in a similar manner to the sweet potato latkes which can be found here.

I will tell you the one thing I am slightly ashamed of.  I did a shitty job taking pictures... More like a non-existent job.  I do have a picture of the leftover Corned Beef "Hash" Breakfast, but not of the actual dinner. Sorry y'all.

Corned Beef and Cabbage in the Crock Pot

Here's what you'll need:

1 Corned Beef Brisket (I got a uncured, nitrate/nitrite free one a Trader Joe's)
1 head of cabbage
1 sweet onion
2 potatoes
salt & pepper

*Notes* I have a fairly small crock pot, so I wasn't able to fit everything in at once.  I fit 1.5 potatoes, and about 1/4 of the head of cabbage in at first.  When we were getting ready to eat, I braised the rest of the cabbage (which I'll tell how I did that) and added it to the pot, since there was more room at that point. I used the other 1/2 a potato Sunday morning for breakfast.

1.    Slice up the onion and line the bottom of the crock pot with it.  Top with about half of the potatoes, cubed.

2.    Add the beef on top of that, and put more potatoes and cabbage on the very top.

3.    Put the crock pot on high, and let it cook for about 5 hours.

4.    When you are about ready to eat, you can get the rest of the cabbage ready.  Heat some bacon grease or coconut oil in a skillet.  Add the cabbage to the skillet, and cook until tender.  You may add it into the crock pot, and let it cook all together for a while (10-15 minutes), or just serve it together.

That's it!


Corned Beef "Hash" with Eggs

My Corned Beef Hash with Eggs all mixed together. Yum!!


Here's what you'll need:

Leftover Corned Beef & Cabbage
That 1/2 a potato (not necessary)
Eggs

1.    Since I had a half a potato that still needed to be cooked, I cubed it, and cooked it up in some bacon grease.  I then added the corned beef and cabbage to the potato in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  If you're not using the extra potato, then just put the beef in a skillet with a little bit of fat over medium-high heat.

2.    Heat the hash until it is hot throughout, and getting crispy in parts.

3.    Top with eggs, and enjoy!!


Peace y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment